Apomedical Limited – Acceptable Use Policy
www.apomeds.com ("our site") is a site that is operated by Apomedical Limited, a company registered in England (company number 11622278) with its registered office at Fifth Floor, 55 King Street, Manchester, United Kingdom, M2 4LQ.
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us, under which you can access our site. This acceptable use policy applies to all those who use or visit our site. Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all of the terms of this acceptable use policy, which supplement our site’s terms and conditions.
You may only use our site for lawful purposes and may not use our site
• in any way that breaches any applicable law or regulation (whether local, national or international);
• in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has the purpose or effect of being unlawful or fraudulent;
• with the aim of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
• to send, knowingly receive, download, upload, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
• to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); or
• to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or comparable computer code which is intended to adversely affect the operation of computer software or hardware.
In addition to the above, you also agree:
• not to duplicate, reproduce, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our site’s terms and conditions; and
• not to access without permission, interfere with, cause damage or disruption to:
· any part of our site
· any network or equipment on which our site is stored
· any software used in the provision of our site; or
· any network or equipment or software owned and/or used by any third party.
We may now and again introduce interactive services (“interactive services”) to our site, including, but without limitation, chat rooms and bulletin boards or other ways in which you may contact prescribers and pharmacists directly.
Where such interactive services are provided, we will provide clear information to you about the type of service offered, if it is moderated and if so, what form of moderation is used (including whether such moderation is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any potential user risks (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide on a case by case basis whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant interactive service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of any risks. However, we are under no obligation to supervise, monitor or moderate any interactive service that we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in breach of our content standards, whether or not the interactive service is moderated.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is conditional on the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who consent to their child using an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about online safety, as moderation is not fully guaranteed. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of any of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will usually provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should there be any concerns or difficulties.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (a "Contribution"), and to any interactive services which are related to it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards, which apply to the entirety of any Contribution, as well as each part.
We will determine, at our complete discretion, whether a Contribution to our site breaches the content standards.
• be accurate (where facts are stated. It should be noted that this is of particular importance when your Contribution contains a response to a clinical questionnaire);
• be genuinely held (where opinions are stated); and
• comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and the law in any country from which the Contribution is posted.
Contributions must not:
• contain any material which is defamatory of any person(s);
• contain any material which is offensive, obscene, hateful or inflammatory;
• promote violence;
• promote sexually explicit material;
• promote, advocate or assist any unlawful act or any illegal activity such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
• promote discrimination based on any protected characteristic (race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age);
• infringe any intellectual property rights, including copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person(s);
• be likely to deceive any person (It should be noted that this is of particular importance when your Contribution contains a response to a clinical questionnaire);
• be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or any
duty of confidence;
• be in contempt of court;
• give the impression that it originates from us, if this is not the case;
• be threatening in nature, abuse or invade another person’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
• be expected to harass, annoy, upset, embarrass or alarm any other person;
• be used to impersonate any person(s), or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person(s) (It should be noted that this is of particular importance when your Contribution contains a response to a clinical questionnaire);
• contain any statement or material which you know or believe (or have reasonable grounds for believing) that members of the public to whom the statement is (or is to be) published are likely to understand as an encouragement (whether direct or indirect) or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of an act of terrorism;
contain any advertisement for or promote any services of or web links to any other sites; or
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been any breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When we determine that a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take any such action as we consider appropriate.
A failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of our site’s terms and conditions permitting your use of our site, and may result in our taking of any (or all) of the following steps:
• immediate, temporary or permanent removal of your right to use our site;
• immediate, temporary or permanent deletion of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site;
• issue of a warning to you;
• legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) as a result of the breach;
any further legal action against you; and/or
• disclosure of any such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary, or as necessary by law.
We exclude liability for steps taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other step that we reasonably deem suitable.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We occasionally amend this policy. Every time you wish to use our site, please check this policy to ensure you understand the terms that apply at the relevant time.
This policy was most recently updated on 12 December 2018.