When the birth-control pill was introduced to the international market in 1960, the possibility of simple and reliable contraception impressed people, especially in industrialised countries. This had a great influence on how women dealt with their own sexuality. The invention of contraception with the pill was revolutionary, especially for women, and created a whole new freedom for couples. Are you too busy to see your GP? Simply order your contraceptive pill online at Apomeds in the UK. You can reorder you combined pill or get a prescription for a mini pill. Just fill in a brief questionnaire and a EU-licence doctor will review your request and check if you can take your preferred pill.
How it works
1Select your treatmentSelect the treatment you need.
2Fill in a short questionnaireEach questionnaire will be reviewed by EU-licenced doctors, which includes all questions that are required to safely prescribe you the medication.
3Delivered to your doorThe EU registered pharmacy will send your medication with a trusted courier service and discreetly packed directly to your door.
The advantages and disadvantages of the pill
The birth-control pill is a medicine. Like any medication, it can have side effects in addition to the desired effect. The pill, as a highly effective hormone preparation, is not suitable for every woman. This is exactly why it requires a prescription and must be prescribed by a doctor who decides whether the pill is suitable.
- Almost 100% protection against pregnancy from the first day of use.
- Regulated menstruation: regular and not- too- heavy bleeding.
- Alleviation of menstrual cramps: strong reduction of menstrual pain and abdominal cramps.
- Positive effects on the complexion in case of hormonal puberty, acne, and general skin impurities.
- Reduction of premenstrual syndrome associated with migraine, depression, pain, increased sensitivity, irritability and depression.
- Maintaining fertility: even after many years of use, women become pregnant relatively quickly after stopping the pill.
- No protection against sexually transmitted diseases.
- The costs: every month the woman bears the costs for the preparation.
- The birth-control pill must be taken at the same time every day.
- The side effects of the pill, such as weight gain and sexual listlessness, are further explained in the text below.
- It should not be taken during breastfeeding, as the hormone preparation may pass into breast milk (except for Cerazette).
- The risk of thrombosis and embolism increases, especially among smokers.
Oral contraceptives at Apomeds
Apomeds, has set itself the target of improving women's health. We want to make it easier for women to take the birth-control pill and save the time-consuming visit to the doctor and pharmacy.
Which oral contraceptives do we offer?
- Microgynon, is a combined pill with low hormone levels and two different female sex hormones, such as levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol.
- Yasmin , is also a combined pill of drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol.
- Cilest is a combined pill from the company Janssen- Cilag. Please see alternative pills.
- Qlaira with the active ingredients estradiol and dienogest.
- Ovranette combined pill of the company Pfizer.
- Mercilon of the company Kohlpharma Gmbh.
- Loestrin of the manufacturer Galen, with the active ingredients norethisterone and ethinyl estradiol.
- Cilique and Cilest contain the same active ingredient and have the same effects on your body.
- Lizinna is a contraceptive pill with the synthetic hormones norgestimate and ethinylestradiol.
Contraception with the pill can have the following side effects:
- weight gain
- feeling of tension in the breasts
- mood swings
- libido reduction
- In rare cases, worse side effects such as thrombosis, high blood pressure or liver dysfunction may occur. In order to reduce the risk of thrombosis, a birth-control pill with a low oestrogen dose is used nowadays. For example, the micro- pill is an optimal solution in this case.
Contraindications and interactions of the pill
Contraception with the pill is unsuitable for women with previous or existing thromboembolic diseases such as genetic predispositions to increased blood clotting and previous thrombosis of the deep veins of the legs, pulmonary embolisms, cardiovascular diseases and strokes.
Women with chronic liver disease, high blood pressure, severe diabetes mellitus and vascular changes, should not take oral contraceptives, but this should be discussed with your doctor.
Women over 35 years and smokers should definitely consider medical advice before taking the birth-control pill.
How to order contraceptives from Apomeds?
Once you come to our website, request a birth-control pill and complete our convenient online questionnaire, which is reviewed by EU-certified doctors. If you are suitable, you will receive a valid online prescription with which you can order the desired, contraceptive pill online.The EU-licensed doctors with whom we work, will then advise you on the right medication and dosage for you. More information on how Apomeds works can be found here. Please be aware that Contraceptive pills can only be requested via follow up prescription.