|Noriday||Norethisteron||Progestogens and estrogens||Minipill/Noriday is taken over the course of 21 days, followed by a seven-day break||Also for smokers and women over 35 years|| |
|Cerazette||Desogesterel||Progestogens||Minipill/Cerazette is taken throughout the 28-day cycle||When breastfeeding and for smokers|| |
|Cerelle||Desogesterel||Progestogens||Minipill/Cerelle is taken throughout the 28-day cycle||When breastfeeding and for smokers|| |
|Microgynon||Estradiol and Levonorgestrel||Progestogens and estrogens||Combined pill/Microgynon is taken over a period of 21 days, followed by a seven-day break||The contained hormones have long been known, one of the most prescribed pills|| |
|Yasmin||Ethinylestradiol and Drospirenon||Progestogens and estrogens||Micropill/Yasmin is taken over the course of 21 days, followed by a seven-day break||mostly no weight gain|| |
|Loestrin||Ethinylestradiol and Norethisteron||Progestogens and estrogens||Combined pill/Loestrin is taken over the course of 21 days, followed by a seven-day break||few side effects|| |
|Cilest||Norgestimat and Ethinylestradiol||Progestogens and estrogens||Combined pill Cilest is taken over the course of 21 days, followed by a seven-day break||affects the appearance of the skin positively|| |
|Qlaira||Dienogest and Estradiol||Progestogens and estrogens||Phasic combined pills/Take 1 tablet per day for 28 days||more regular cycles, is also used to treat menopausal symptoms|| |
|Ovranette||Levonorgestrel and Ethinylestradiol||Progestogens and estrogens||Combined pill/Ovranette is taken over the course of 21 days, followed by a seven-day break||reduces menstrual bleeding|| |
|Mercilon||Desogestrel and Ethinylestradiol||Progestogens and estrogens||Combined pill/Mercilon is taken over the course of 21 days, followed by a seven-day break||more regular cycles and reduced menstrual bleeding|| |
The advantages and disadvantages of the pill
The birth-control pill is a medicine. Like any medication, it can have side effects in addition to the desired effect. The pill, as a highly effective hormone preparation, is not suitable for every woman. This is exactly why it requires a prescription and must be prescribed by a doctor who decides whether the pill is suitable.
- Almost 100% protection against pregnancy from the first day of use.
- Regulated menstruation: regular and not- too- heavy bleeding.
- Alleviation of menstrual cramps: strong reduction of menstrual pain and abdominal cramps.
- Positive effects on the complexion in case of hormonal puberty, acne, and general skin impurities.
- Reduction of premenstrual syndrome associated with migraine, depression, pain, increased sensitivity, irritability and depression.
- Maintaining fertility: even after many years of use, women become pregnant relatively quickly after stopping the pill.
- No protection against sexually transmitted diseases.
- The costs: every month the woman bears the costs for the preparation.
- The birth-control pill must be taken at the same time every day.
- The side effects of the pill, such as weight gain and sexual listlessness, are further explained in the text below.
- It should not be taken during breastfeeding, as the hormone preparation may pass into breast milk (except for Cerazette).
- The risk of thrombosis and embolism increases, especially among smokers.
Oral contraceptives at Apomeds
Apomeds, has set itself the target of improving women's health. We want to make it easier for women to take the birth-control pill and save the time-consuming visit to the doctor and pharmacy.
Which oral contraceptives do we offer?
- Cerazette is a progestogen-only pill without oestrogen. Therefore, the so-called mini- pill can be used by women who are breastfeeding, do not tolerate oestrogen, or have to counteract the risk of thrombosis.
- Microgynon, is a combined pill with low hormone levels and two different female sex hormones, such as levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol.
- Yasmin , is also a combined pill of drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol.
- Cilest is a combined pill from the company Janssen- Cilag.
- Noriday a mini- pill from the company Pfizer.
- Qlaira with the active ingredients estradiol and dienogest.
- Ovranette combined pill of the company Pfizer.
- Mercilon of the company Kohlpharma Gmbh.
- Loestrin of the manufacturer Galen, with the active ingredients norethisterone and ethinyl estradiol.
The side effects of the birth-control pill
Contraception with the pill can have the following side effects:
- weight gain
- feeling of tension in the breasts
- mood swings
- libido reduction
- In rare cases, worse side effects such as thrombosis, high blood pressure or liver dysfunction may occur. In order to reduce the risk of thrombosis, a birth-control pill with a low oestrogen dose is used nowadays. For example, the micro- pill is an optimal solution in this case.
Contraindications and interactions of the pill
Contraception with the pill is unsuitable for women with previous or existing thromboembolic diseases such as genetic predispositions to increased blood clotting and previous thrombosis of the deep veins of the legs, pulmonary embolisms, cardiovascular diseases and strokes.
Women with chronic liver disease, high blood pressure, severe diabetes mellitus and vascular changes, should not take oral contraceptives, but this should be discussed with your doctor.
Women over 35 years and smokers should definitely consider medical advice before taking the birth-control pill.
How to order contraceptives from Apomeds?
Once you come to our website, select the desired birth-control pill and complete our convenient online questionnaire, which is reviewed by EU-certified doctors. If you are suitable, you will receive a legally valid prescription with which you can order the desired, branded medicine online. If you do not know exactly which pill is best for you, you can apply for a doctor's consultation online. The EU-licensed doctors with whom we work, will then advise you on the right medication and dosage for you.
More information about contraceptive pills in general