1Select your medicationSelect the medication or treatment along with the appropriate dosage and quantity that you need.
2Fill in a short questionnaireEach questionnaire will be reviewed by EU-licenced doctors, which includes all questions that are required to safely prescribe you the medication.
3Delivered to your doorThe EU registered pharmacy will send your medication with a trusted courier service and discreetly packed directly to your door.
Buy Atorvastatin, the cholesterol-lowering drug
Do not take too high cholesterol levels lightly! Atorvastatin, now available at Apomeds, is a drug that can help significantly lower your cholesterol levels. Atorvastatin is an important medication that is prescribed to protect you against some serious health risks. Atorvastatin is an important medication that is prescribed to protect you against some serious health risks. Get a follow-up prescription for the drug Atorvastatin, at Apomeds, and have the medicine delivered directly to your home.
What is Atorvastatin?
Atorvastatin is a drug for lowering cholesterol levels. The drug is taken daily and usually over a long period of time. The drug inhibits the formation of endogenous cholesterol in the liver. It is a useful supplement to cholesterol prevention in the diet.People with high cholesterol levels are at a higher risk of arteriosclerosis, which can lead to coronary heart disease, including stroke. Atorvastatin is a drug that successfully reduces the body's production of cholesterol.
The consequences of too much Cholesterol in the blood
Different types of Cholesterol
When does cholesterol become harmful?
The effect of Atorvastatin
The drug is used when the cholesterol levels are very high, and cannot be significantly reduced by a diet, through exercise and weight loss. The cholesterol-lowering agent is usually taken over a long period, since the effect unfolds in the long term as levels of cholesterol in the blood change only over a long period.
In most cases, a daily dose of 10 to 80 milligrams is prescribed. The drug is taken in the form of tablets and in the evening.
Atorvastatin is a drug with relatively few side effects - which makes it very safe to use.
However, the following side effects may occur occasionally :
- Levels of other enzymes might change in the liver
- Muscle pain Pregnant women and children under 10 years should not take Atorvastatin.
Interactions and Contra-indications
Interactions can occur if you are taking the drug with an anticoagulant at the same time.
- Taking Digoxin for heart failure
- Taking the pill with the hormones Norethisterone and Ethinylestradiol.
- Together with Danazol or Fibrates and Nicotinic acid it suppresses the immune system.
- There is a particular risk of concomitant use of atorvastatin with Ciclosporin.
- Atorvastatin should not be taken in conjunction with certain antibiotics, such as Erythromycin, Clarithromycin, and Fusidic acid.
- Also, in the case of Atorvastatin therapy, the consumption of grapefruit should be avoided altogether, since this fruit can dramatically increase the effect of the drug. The consequence is an increased occurrence of the corresponding side effects.
Order Atorvastatin without prescription
Please note that the cholesterol lowering agent is only available on prescription. Purchasing the medication without a medical prescription is not legal. You can obtain a prescription for Atorvastatin directly from your doctor, or conveniently from us in the form of an online follow-up prescription. Next to Atorvastatin Apomeds also offers Simvastatin.