1Select your medicationSelect the medication or treatment along with the appropriate dosage and quantity that you need.
2Fill in a short questionnaireEach questionnaire will be reviewed by EU-licenced doctors, which includes all questions that are required to safely prescribe you the medication.
3Delivered to your doorThe EU registered pharmacy will send your medication with a trusted courier service and discreetly packed directly to your door.
Champix for smoking cessation
Champix increases your chances of quitting smoking. Champix contains varenicline, which mimics the effects of nicotine on the body, reducing both the need for smoking and the withdrawal symptoms.
To order your treatment online, please complete a short questionnaire. An EU- certified online doctor will review your order and issue the electronic prescription. The drug is sent by a mail order pharmacy directly to your home.
What is Champix?
What other options are there?
Do I have to change my diet?
Can I smoke while taking Champix?
Smoking during treatment does not harm the body. However, since you are trying to quit smoking, you need to avoid the urge to smoke if you want to stop effectively in the long run.
This drug, just like any other smoking cessation drug, will only work if you have the will-power to really want it to work.
How effective is Champix?
Can I use another nicotine replacement therapy on the side?
How do I take Champix?
Between days 1 and 3 you must take a 0.5 mg Champix tablet once a day. On days 4 to 7, you must take a 0.5 mg Champix tablet twice a day, once in the evening and once in the morning. At week 2 (days 8 to 14) you should take 1 mg Champix tablet twice daily, once in the evening and once in the morning. You should continue until week 12 (or as long as your doctor recommends). If you notice any side effects, you should tell your doctor, who can easily reduce your dosage.
You should swallow the tablet whole, with water and you can take it with or without food.
People with kidney problems may need a lower dose.
If you forget to take a tablet, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is near the time of your next treatment, skip the forgotten treatment. It is important to get into a routine so you do not forget your pills. It can be helpful if you take your treatment at the same time every day.
Active ingredients of Champix
Common Side effects
- difficulty sleeping and abnormal dreams
- increased appetite,
- changes in the way things taste,
- dry mouth
- drowsiness, fatigue,
- feeling of fullness,
- stomach upset,
Occasional side effects
- chest infection,
- discomfort or pain
- inflammation of the paranasal sinuses
- fever, feeling cold
- viral infections
- shortness of breath
- sore throat and irritation, runny nose, snoring
- loss of appetite
- feeling thirsty
- increased weight
- feelings of panic,
- difficulty in thinking,
- mood swings
- tremors and difficulty in co-ordination
- speech difficulties, less sensitive to touch, increased muscle tension, restlessness,
- cardiac arrhythmia, increased blood pressure, increased heart rate
- disturbed vision, discoloration of the eyeball, eye pain, and dilation
Interactions and contra-indications
- You should not take Champix if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in the tablet.
- If you have an allergic reaction (swollen face and eyelids, itchy, reddish skin and difficulty breathing) seek medical help immediately. It has not been established that Champix interacts with drugs. You should inform your doctor if you use theophylline (a drug used to treat breathing difficulties),
- Warfarin (prevents blood clotting) or
- take insulin (for diabetics) as your dosages may need to be changed after smoking.
- Champix must not be taken under 18 years old.
- You should not take Champix if you are pregnant, if you want to get pregnant during treatment, or if you are breast-feeding.
- You should not receive nicotine replacement therapy while taking Champix.