1Select your medicationSelect the medication or treatment along with the appropriate dosage and quantity that you need.
2Fill in a short questionnaireEach questionnaire will be reviewed by EU-licenced doctors, which includes all questions that are required to safely prescribe you the medication.
3Delivered to your doorThe EU registered pharmacy will send your medication with a trusted courier service and discreetly packed directly to your door.
Buy Nitrofurantoin onlineNitrofurantoin is an antibiotic most commonly used to treat various types of urinary tract infections. You can now buy the original Nitrofurantoin quickly and easily online and safe yourself the hassle of having to visit personally the doctor and local pharmacy. Apomeds has made it possible that you can feel comfortable and safe when ordering your medication.
Nitrofurantoin is an antibiotic for the prevention or treatment of urinary tract infections. This drug is usually well tolerated and therefore often prescribed by doctors in UK.
What is Nitrofurantoin?
Nitrofurantoin is a highly effective substance used to treat urinary tract infections as well as some other bacterial infections. Nitrofurantoin is an antibiotic used exclusively for the treatment of bacterial infections. This means that the drug does not work for viral infections such as the flu or cold. In some cases, it might be used along with some other medications to treat certain forms of pneumonia, as well as acne and traveler's diarrhea.
Nitrofurantoin for treatment of bladder infection
Nitrofurantoin is used to treat various types of uncomplicated urinary tract infections (UTI), including cystitis and kidney infections. Most of these infections are easily treated with Nitrofurantoin.
The symptoms of bladder infection
The most common symptoms of urinary tract infections are:
- Frequent urination as normal,
- Burning or pain when urinating
- Dull or stinking urine
- Blood in the urine
- Pain in the lower abdomen etc.
If the majority of these symptoms are present, the person most likely has some type of bladder infection. Once the doctor has diagnosed the bladder infection, he will probably prescribe the antibiotic Nitrofurantoin. A urinary tract infection is a condition that occurs when the bacteria enter the urinary tract and begin to irritate it, which causes inflammation. Nitrofurantoin works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Once ingested Nitrofurantoin, it is quickly filtered from the liver into the blood and then enters the urinary tract. This is the most important trait, which is characterized by its concentration at the point where the infection takes place. However, this means that Nitrofurantoin does not work on any other type of infection.
Usually 100 mg are taken twice a day or once a day to prevent the bladder infection. At Apomeds you can get your refill pack if you have already made good experience with the product.
Along with its desired effects, the drug may also have some undesirable properties.
The most common side effects with Nitrofurantoin include:
- Loss of appetite
- Dark yellow or brown urine
- The drug rarely causes severe lung problems
These problems might occur within a six months treatment. Tell your doctor immediately if you have symptoms of lung problems such as: persistent cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, joint or muscle pain, or bluish to purple skin.
- Macrobid rarely causes severe disease of the intestine due to a certain type of resistant bacteria. These symptoms may appear during the treatment or months after the end of treatment. Tell your doctor immediately if you have symptoms such as: Persistent diarrhea, abdominal pain, stomach cramps, blood or mucus in the stool.
- It also rarely causes a very serious liver disease and problems with the blood or nervous system. If you notice any of the following, contact your doctor immediately: Vomiting, persistent nausea, yellowing of the eyes, dark urine, yellowing of the skin, persistent fatigue, faster and more sustained heartbeat, muscle weakness, numbness or tingling of the legs or arms.
- Serious but very rare side effects include: Symptoms of a new infection, minor bleeding and bruising, blurred vision, mood swings, persistent or severe headache.
- Prolonged use may result in oral thrush or vaginal yeast infection.
Contraindications and interactions with other medications
Nitrofurantoin should not be used by children under one month of age because of the risk of a specific blood problem known as hemolytic anemia.
Nitrofurantoin is safe to be taken by adults, including breastfeeding and pregnant women.However, nitrofurantoin, like many other medicines, is not for everyone.
Consult your doctor if you have any of the following problems:
- Allergy to Nitrofurantoin or similar medications
- Porphyria, a blood disorder
- Lack of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD)
- Severe kidney disease
- Any disease that leads to severe weakness
- Vitamin B deficiency
Buy MacroBid without prescription - is that possible?
MacroBid is not available in the UK without a prescription. At Apomeds we have developed the perfect system that will save you all the way to the doctor and to the local pharmacy. Simply click on the desired drug and complete our medical questionnaire. Once you have received your prescription, the drug will be sent to your home address. After completing the consultation, the doctor will prepare the recipe for you. Easy and safe ordering with Apomeds! Next to MacroBid Nitrofurantoin we also have Trimethoprim in stock.Disclaimer: Please note that the drug shown above in the picture indicates one of the possible manufacturers of the drug. It may be that we send you a drug from a different manufacturer. All products comply with EU standards.